Thread: Life Stupid Tourist Tricks
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #75
Space Cadet and Aczabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I didn't think it was that hot around the edges; that's why the algae can grow out there (and why it's so blue in the center; extremely hot where it's flowing out, makes it sterile there and thus very blue). In the area where they were walking, I figure you'd just be at 'hot bath' temperatures.

I totally get not wanting a tide of tourists just walking through there, but it seems unlikely to me that these guys could've actually done any real damage. Hell, it seems unlikely to me that they couldn't take a couple of groups out there daily to 'see the spring' and guide them apart from the liability issues associated with taking anyone onto a shifting mud surface.

This just seems like a lot of people are upset about all the damage these guys could've done but I really don't think they could do much; algae's sturdy shit.
It's not the damage of one person. If everyone did it the place would be ruined in a week and there would be 100s of people in ER with serious burns. I have lots of cool photos I took there, they sell them in the giftshops there, but I never stepped on anything but grass. If the grass is growing its not hot below it and I wont contaminate the springs. Several of the pools have been stopped up because people threw pennies in the them.
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.