View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 01:20 PM   #11860
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
Series I bonds are probably one of the only "safe" places for money currently. I think they're a pretty good deal if you can withstand the 1 year holding req.

I guess the other downside is no fixed rate, right now. They were pretty stingy with that fixed rate portion even when the fed raised rates a few years back. I think I got some w/ .5% fixed. woo!
Yeah, I think the fixed rate is 0 right now. So if inflation drops to 0, then the payment drops to 0 percent. But in that scenario you'd just sell the bonds and there'd effectively be no penalty for doing so and you'd still get the interest that's accrued at the 7.12 rate.

I'll do a little more due diligence, but at the moment I'm leaning toward maxing out on purchases for it.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.