View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #781
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
The most common mistakes are not enough moisture in the dough, not enough flavor in the masa, and letting the dough dry out.

I bet you could make AWESOME tamales. You just need them fresh and moist and flavirful. Nothing worse than bland dry masa.

I'm a big fan of mixing some if the salsa into the masa from whatever meat you fill with. Lots of mantecs and chicken broth.

Platano leaf helps keep moist. No corn husk
The dough wasn't dry. The flavor needed work I suppose but I was surprised that was even in them. I think it was unexpected but more of a texture thing. To be honest, the husk is what intrigued me to try them. I thought those were cool looking.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.