Thread: Home and Auto Tesla Cybertruck
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #111
Abandoned Former Rams Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
That was the entire point. And they have nothing to hide. On a typical vehicle, at least for the side windows, that ball would have went all the way through the windows.

The truck is ugly, no doubt, but it is a game changer especially for companies with fleets of trucks needed. The cost of ownership and value of such a truck especially with companies that understand the economics. Just so so so much value.

I was floored how cheap it is. I thought the price tag was going to be at least 80k starting out.
You're right that is still impressive & does offer security as it shows that it would be very hard to smash the window & get to something or someone inside. However it sounds like they were really expecting it to bounce right off & not leave a mark.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...045442187.html

Quote:
While no one would expect most standard windows to stand up to a test like this, even Elon seemed surprised by the results. "We threw wrenches, we threw everything," he said on stage. "We even literally threw a kitchen sink at the glass, and it didn't break. For a little weird reason it broke now, I don't know why."
ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.