View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #12
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Yeah, hard to go wrong with LSU DBs. Or Washington right now...

How do you feel about Albert O? I’ve thought he was going to be an NFL bust for about 18 months, but reading mocks this week made me question myself a bit there.

In the 4th/5th, if he really slid that far, the potential upside just seems like it’s worth the bust risk.
In the 4th? Why not?

I was all about taking Hock last year because I think the potential of this team is nearly limitless with a true weapon at TE2 and Kelce isn't getting younger. Moreover, I think having the ability to spend 40-50% of the game in 12 personnel would significantly improve our run game as well. It's just damn hard to run from the shotgun if you can't set the edges (just too easy for the DE to defeat the angle) and having another TE in-line to help with that would help a lot.

But man, the maturity issues and what sure looked to be a loss of explosion due to the knee injury make me take pause taking him in the first 2 days. The guy I saw at Mizzou last year WASN'T any better than Blake Bell. He didn't look as strong or as fast. He damn sure didn't look engaged. His blocking was indifferent and his hands were ass.

I mean it's just impossible to know what you're working with at this point. And frankly, neither option is exceptional. Either he was jaking it in his platform season or injuries have sapped him of his high-end potential. Pick your poison...they both kinda suck.

I don't think I was as high on him as most were even last season. He was probably 5th on my TE list when others were saying he should be a 1st rounder but/for the injuries. I didn't quite see the athleticism that others did even before the knee.

It could be one of those situations that you don't realize happen until you do those CP Mock drafts - a guy sliding isn't because nobody likes him, it's because there's always another guy they like just a little bit more. And I could see that happening if I were in the Chiefs war room. I could literally see a situation where every round through round 5 I find myself saying "yeah, I like some things here...but I kinda like {player X}'s things more..."

There are just some flags there I'm struggling with.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.