Thread: Home and Auto EV Cars/Trucks
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 12:47 PM   #199
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
I can see them having a test system or analyzer to make this kind of swap fair to both parties. I know on lead/acid batteries it exists but am not familiar with the technology on these new batteries.
I recently bought a lithium battery for the Jetski and it is much different.
For this system to work, the car owner would no longer own the batteries at all.

Either the battery swap company would have to own them. Or some third party would.

The car owner would pay a rental or lease on the batteries. So if they got bad batteries, it wouldn't matter as far as swapping. Now it would suck as far as not getting the range you were promised.

Maybe the lease could include a guarantee that the swapped in batteries will be so good, or so good on average over the course of the year.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote