Thread: Football Aaron Donald retiring
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 11:19 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Man, Randle was a dawg.

I know that I am lumping positions together, but at the GOAT level for defensive linemen, it should just be defensive linemen and not DE vs DT, because I think it's hard to match play styles from era to era. What defensive linemen are asked to do now, is a lot different than any time in the past.

But, yeah, Randle was amazing.

But, there are so many incredible defensive linemen, and I just can't buy AD as the GOAT.

Reggie White
Bruce Smith
John Randle
Buck Buchanan
Lee Roy Selman
Merlin Olsen
Deacon Jones
Mean Joe Greene

That's just off the top of my head, but I don't see AD being that much better than any of those guys, and I am sure all the ones I can't think of.
Minnesota may have had the best DLine ever in the early 90s with Chris Doleman, Henry Thomas, and John Randle. All 3 were absolute game-wreckers. It's a shame they were only all together for a few years.

Randle had 137.5 career sacks. Thomas had 93.5, and Doleman had 150.5.

Doleman gets forgotten in the annals too, he's 5th all-time in sacks.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.