Thread: Football Aaron Donald retiring
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 08:40 AM   #61
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Everyone forgets about John Randle in the discussion for the best pass-rushing DT of all time. Reggie White played DE, primarily. Aaron Donald still doesn't trump Randle for me but he was ****ing good.
Man, Randle was a dawg.

I know that I am lumping positions together, but at the GOAT level for defensive linemen, it should just be defensive linemen and not DE vs DT, because I think it's hard to match play styles from era to era. What defensive linemen are asked to do now, is a lot different than any time in the past.

But, yeah, Randle was amazing.

But, there are so many incredible defensive linemen, and I just can't buy AD as the GOAT.

Reggie White
Bruce Smith
John Randle
Buck Buchanan
Lee Roy Selman
Merlin Olsen
Deacon Jones
Mean Joe Greene

That's just off the top of my head, but I don't see AD being that much better than any of those guys, and I am sure all the ones I can't think of.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.