Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #434
Veteran

I haven't watched this show yet, but I do occasionally lurk on online discussion of it. Seeing Frakes' comment about "Roddenberry's vision" reminded me of a comment someone made about Mirror Lorca.

Now when Roddenberry created TNG he wanted there to be zero conflict amongst the main characters. Humans had evolved beyond almost all of their pettiness. It reached a point in one of the episodes (The Neutral Zone season 1) that one of the characters is shocked, shocked to find out that humans once feared dying.

This commentator made the point that the writers are damaging the character because the thing that makes him interesting - his questionable morality - is simply because he's from the Mirror Universe and not because he is a complex character with depth.

Basically, it would be like saying that Sisko did what he did in In the Pale Moonlight was because he was from the Mirror Universe instead of being a good man who had to do an evil thing for the greater good.

Though, come to think of it, Sisko did suddenly grow a goatee...

Last edited by Mennonite; 01-24-2018 at 07:58 PM..
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.