View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 12:25 PM   #51
GDT white noise poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
I don't see why this is controversial or why people are taking offense at it. The Colts were built to beat the Patriots. They didn't do it terribly often but that's how they were built. So were the Steelers. So were the Chiefs after Andy got here.

Why? Because at the time, the Patriots were the top team in the AFC and the NFL. If your goal is to win it all, you build your team to take out the top. Now, the Chiefs are the top.

The Bengals have had various degrees of success. In the regular season they tend to do better than in the playoffs, although they've been successful one year. But I have no doubt that when the Bengals' front office looks at their draft needs, a major consideration is which players will put them in a better position to beat KC. If they're deciding between 2 players and they are otherwise equal, I expect the Bengals to pick the player that they think will better help them beat the Chiefs. Why? Because the Chiefs are the top and are going to be the most likely obstacle between the Bengals, or any other team, and a Lombardi trophy.
yeah KC has been to a championship game every year Mahomes has started. if you want to win a SB you have to beat the Chiefs. like is he supposed to tell the truth and be like "well IDK if we can win if Mahomes is on the field lol" Bengals fans would tear him apart (for good reason)

they might beat us during the regular season, but who cares lol
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.