View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #85
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
We don't have a QB problem with Alex Smith. He's a good QB.

Truth is Chiefs fanbase is mostly a bunch of whining b**ches. Years of frustration has made a lot of us that way. I get it but it's kind of pathetic at times.
Until Alex Smith learns how to beat Zone, he is by far the biggest problem in our 5-game slide. He has played poorly in the majority of those games.

Quote:
First of all we have already gotten to the divisional rd twice with Smitty and won a playoff gm (should have won the Colts playoff gm. Smitty played great) so to say we are not going anywhere with the guy has already been proven false. Not going anywhere is not making the playoffs, making the playoffs is an accomplishment. It's not the ultimate goal and it gets old fast once you get used to it but it always nice to get there.
Second there have been QBs not as good as Alex 'All I do is win in the regular season in the regular season' Smith that have won the SB. Most obvious example is the old P Manning that won with the Broncos. Joe Flacco isn't better than Alex. He won it. Russell Wilson isn't much better than Smitty. Big Ben earlier in his career wasn't that great and he certainly isn't having a better season than Alex right now.

So we can win a SB with Smitty, you can win a SB with almost any QB. Football is not an individual sport. So there are ways to win games with pretty much any QB as long as they are good (and that isn't even true look at the old P Manning) which Alex Smith clearly is.

#GoChiefs
We can do a lot worse than Alex Smith. But is that the intent? What Alex Smith gives us is, when surrounded by an outstanding defense, he gives you a decent shot at a playoff win and a very outside chance at a Super Bowl. I'm happy we had Smith. He got us the playoff win we badly needed. But it's time to move on from him. Now, if we see the Alex Smith from earlier in the year, I'm all aboard. I've always believed he has so much potential if he can ever break out of his consistent habit of game management. But we keep setting ourselves up for the same above average results over and over again. While you point out our playoff successes, most of our playoff losses were a repeat of the same dink and dunk Alex Smith we've been fighting against.

Football isn't an individual sport. So rather than complaining that all our pieces suck, I would ask what Alex Smith is doing to make his offense better. Does he get rid of the ball quickly? Not at all. Does he stretch the defense to give Hunt room to run? No. Does he consistently help his blockers by quickly and consistently spotting the hot read on a blitz? No. Does he give his receivers opportunities to make plays or does he continually reward the safety valve? I think we all see that we have plenty of playmakers on offense, but we have a QB who just can't get it done. I don't want a QB that needs an elite defense to win games. We need a QB who can carry our team a few times too.

I'm cool with giving him the rest of the season. I'll do cartwheels if he figures this thing out and good thing we're hitting this wall early. Unfortunately, I don't know that this is a problem Alex can wiggle his way out of. The only way for Alex Smith to beat this slump is to stop being Alex Smith.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.