View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 05:14 PM   #879
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Mostly because the ignore function exists and everyone's definition of RR material is slightly different.

Do you boot the trolls who are widely ignored or only if the thread gets hijacked... and then do you boot people for simply hijacking a thread because they're an idiot or angry or whatever. And do boot those who don't necessarily start shit, but are constantly continuing it.. and is mocking all of this ok or is that too distracting, too.

It would awesome if there was a magical place where people stated their opinion once and didn't feel the urge keep coming back to say the same thing over and over, and focused more so on what other people thought than megaphoning their opinion.... but, here we are....
Well there is this thing called warnings that can be given before having to consider more extreme action like booting/banning, etc. Crazy I know…..

I won’t draw out this conversation here in this thread so as to try not to derail it any further, but since you commented on it like I said there is zero consistency with this. You decide to boot me from the Clark thread because I take issue with the Lebron apologist suggesting Clark is a ball hog like Jordan while some of the same things go on this thread or other threads where posters continue to spew out crap over and over and over and nothings done. Had I known he only engages in unending arguments that tries to support his POV no matter how flawed I would have reconsidered. But even still a quick message even if it was a warning would have been sufficient. Chaos thrives where there is no consistency or rules.

You can kind of throw your hands up in the air like you did here acting like where do you draw the line. But it’s not as hard as you seem to insinuate. There can be murky situations yes but all that needs to be done is establish a series of consequences that are to be followed in sequential order for when problems come up. No different than what a teacher does in a classroom. Or continue to do nothing and keep getting what you’re getting. And for those repeat problem posters you establish a different set of criteria for when the “regular rules” don’t work again no different than what a teacher has to do with difficult students who the regular rules don’t work for.
Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.