Thread: Movies and TV Norm McDonald - concentrated funny
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 05:59 AM   #41
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Reminds me of a bit I've heard described, but naturally never saw in person. A couple of titans when they were first starting out [I want to say Albert Brooks and someone like Ed Begley Jr. or Michael McKean, of that age and stature]. They would go up to an open mic in LA and with no esposition or explanation, they'd put on the appearance of a folk duo, or a comedic song duo, each with guitars. And for the next 12-15 minutes, they would just try to tune their guitars. They wouldn't address the crowd, or apologize, or explain. Just deet, deet, DEET, DEET, DEEEEEEEEE, . . . . Dut, dut, dut, DUT, DUUUUUUH, . . . . . .[fiddle with bridge] . . . . . [whisper something to each other] . . . . . deet, deet, DEET, DEET, DEEEEEEEEE, . . . shake their heads, . . . fiddle with the bridge some more. . . . . . Dut, dut, dut, DUT, DUUUUUUH. . . . [walk around the stage looking down], . . . [come back and whisper some more] . . . . deet, deet, DEET, DEET, DEEEEEEEEE

Audience, 1-2 minutes, silence, 2-4 chuckles, . . . 4-6 minutes murmurs, then anger, then people walking out . . .. . . then more and more laughter, . . until the whole place was rolling about 8-10 minutes in.
EDIT: Remembered, it was Craig T. Nelson and Barry Levinson.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.