View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 08:24 AM   #28395
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Chiefs fanbase showed pretty great instincts before the Draft. Many folks on this forum and major bloggers like Seth Keysor really wanted Mahomes. Y’all did some impressive homework. Obviously KC front office did a great job. I’m really glad Patrick landed with KC. Been a perfect career situation for him compared to so many other QBs that end up with terrible franchises.
What made what Veach (and really Dorsey) did so impressive was the anticipation and feel for the draft.

Those of us on the forum that really liked Mahomes STILL thought he was going to go early 20s at worst. If most of us (admittedly not all) were running the draft, we'd have seen him go 12 to the Saints and ended up doing what the Texans did and moved up for Watson. It would've caught us flat-footed. I think I was targeting around 18 as the landing spot we'd have to get to to snag him - I would've missed out on him.

Where the Chiefs deserve a TON of credit is having a perfect feel for that draft and going up exactly as high as they needed to go to get their guy.

It really was a masterstroke by the front office as a whole. Veach did a fantastic job working with the agents to keep their interest largely under wraps and Dorsey did incredible work spying out the draft and getting where he needed to be to make the pick.

This wasn't drafting Brady in the 6th and stumbling into a HoFer through blind, dumb luck. This was just perfect handling of the scouting and drafting process to get a guy that has fundamentally altered the trajectory of the franchise.

Just spectacular stuff.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote