View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #3695
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 View Post
Did you see Finnegan pitch against Moss? Leaving Shields in against Moss was not an option.

Two options there: Duffy or Finnegan.

But, classic Ned. Terrible with his bullpen.
Ned is terrible, but I can't fault him much for the Ventura decision. You have been touting going to Ventura in the pen the entire year so far.

If they would have gone with Finnegan, people would have freaked out saying you can't go with a guy that is so unproven and was playing in college just months ago.

If he would have went with Duffy everybody would be saying you can't depend on a guy that is just coming back from an injury. Who had just pitched recently. Ventura had just pitched recently as well, and he was allowed a low pitch count to give him availability for the AL Wild Card game.

Personally, I would have used Duffy assuming we are confident on his health. Shields was struggling and you get two on and want to get someone in the game that can get some strikeouts and give you the best chance to get out of the inning. Ventura pitches well against LH batters and has given up the least amount of HR's of any starter. People that clamor for using Herrera, well Ventura has a HIGHER K rate than Herrera even though is a reliever. I have no qualms with it whatsoever. If it would have worked you guys wouldn't be saying a ****ing thing.

Last edited by BWillie; 10-01-2014 at 11:55 AM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.