View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 08:38 PM   #231
The Master

Vermeil said that the NFL is even more cutthroat than the real world. Shows how out of touch with reality that he is. At my job, I hear of someone getting fired almost weekly. You don't perform, you get canned.

Gretz needs to wake up and look at the bigger picture. The fans of KC deserve to expect a SB. We have waited over 30 years to get back to what looked like in the days of the AFL, a regular Chiefs occurence. Vermeil had been making statements such as, the unnamed one will be here as long as Vermeil is the coach, the coaching staff will return next year. It was our responsibility to remind vermeil of his responsibility to his fans. He would have zero problem with cutting a player that was not performing. How many were cut last March? Did he give them a eulogy like he did for the unnamed one.

Yes, I visited the firetheunnamedone.com and put in my two cents. I cheered when I heard the news. I thought it was classy that the unnamed one offered to pack his bags. I think had he not done so, then we would be once again talking next November about how the unnamed one's defense is stopping our persuit of the big prize. I regret nothing. I revel in the fact that it may have made a difference. The announcement that Vermeil was coming back was not quite as thrilling to me as the announcement that the unnamed one would not.
whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.