View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #6549
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
If anyone's interested. Two Australian states going up against each other 15 minutes from where I live:

http://www.ascensionsports.tv/

Not a bad stream, too.
Poor bastards with mismatched helmets and unis.

If I were the Commissioner of the league, I'd tell the owners to buck up and throw a few million to start youth teams in Australia. Get a few gluts of guys through after getting top high school / junior college level coaching and equipment and get them recruited to colleges for two-three years of eligibility.

Meanwhile, the league gives some money to the top level semi-pro outfits so that kids that aren't given scholarships will be able to play.

With enough persistence, there could be enough Aussie players in the league as well as built interest in the semi-pro league that it becomes a draw comparable to the minor leagues in the USA to further Australian interest in the sport.

The NFL might never reach the popularity of the AFL and cricket, but I think a long-term investment in creating new fans under the Southern Cross Sky will be just as effective as trying to make NFL London a "thing.,

I think that the support for the AFL and rugby in Australia would be a boon to making new NFL players because those sports need all around better athletes than the sport of football does. If you take the guys who can't be rugby backs for X reason, you can still take their raw athletic talent and translate it into football effectiveness.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.