View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 11:38 PM   #34
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
I’d have to do some number crunching so I’ll revisit this post in like 2 or 3 days-going out of town-but Rivers was a phenomenal QB who literally got the wrong results in the postseason similar to Marino.

The 2006 loss to the Patriots was in large part due to an incredibly fluke fumble on an interception return that Marty wasted his last timeout on an unsuccessful challenge in addition to Kaeding shitting the bed

He went toe to toe with the 2007 Patriots on a torn ACL in the AFC Championship game in Foxboro.

Yes, his team didn’t make the SB, took advantage of a down AFC West for like 5 years, but he still played at a high level.

Ryan’s probably in for longevity along with multiple PO appearances and a MVP. Stafford is similar caliber of him but was stuck in Detroit.
In short, cornerbacks and safeties could all but mug receivers in Marino's era, whereas one wrong look could be called for a penalty during Rivers' era.

And trust me, Rivers got a lot those calls.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.