Thread: Electronics 2018 Black Friday Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #25
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It's just such a good set. I mean I haven't been able to find a single cross word said about the thing. Some folks prefer one of Samsung's higher end QLED models because it's brighter and Sony has a new one that's a damn light cannon so it does color variation better, but both of those are quite a bit more expensive and not better; just a little different.

There doesn't appear to be a significant technology change on the horizon in the immediate future, so this is going to be a top of the line set for the next couple of years at least. Just a slam-dunk purchase, IMO.

But like I said, I think I can hold out just a little longer and get a better deal. Costco does a price adjustment where they'll put money back on your card if the price drops for 90 days after purchase, though so I may just decide 'screw it' and if a better deal comes around in December I'll have Costo slap some money back on my card.
Zero percent chance I’d pay a premium for equivalent Sony technology. And while I LOVE my Samsung FN8500 plasma (the last great set of the plasma era), OLED > QLED.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.