Thread: Electronics 2018 Black Friday Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #96
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro View Post
Does anybody own one of the Samsung QLEDs?

I want a 75" and am looking at the q7 (models go from q6-q9), but $2700 is a lot for a TV, more than 3 times what I've ever paid for a TV. The equivalent q6 is $2,000, but it has fewer features than the q7-q9.

Currently own a 55" Samsung 1080p TV that's 2-3 years old.
Motor about this site for a bit:

https://www.rtings.com/tv

The tests they put the televisions through are extensive. I ended up deciding on the LG because of the reflection tests they do and the photos they post of the results (along with the actual % of light reflected); I have a 3 month period during football season where the mid-day sun comes right through my back windows and into my set so being able to kill that glare was huge.

They'll give you all kinds of technical data and also distill it down into a pretty digestable format. You can put any 2 televisions head to head and focus on exactly what you're looking for from usage all the way down to light output and local dimming issues.

Really the best research site for televisions out there by quite a bit.

Here's their breakdown of cyber monday deals and how each of the TVs has performed:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/deals
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.