View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 11:27 PM   #197
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I returned to work today after 4.5 months off due to treatment and isolation. I have never felt such an overwhelming sense of dread and emptiness in my entire life.

The only time I've felt something similar is moving schools in third grade, going from a small, private school where multiple grades were in one classroom, to a traditional public school setting where I didn't know a single person in my class.

I think I've come to realize that I like the idea of what my job can be, but I have no taste for the minutiae of what is actually is. I feel even worse because they supported me while I was sick, and now that I'm back I feel like it's the last place in the world I want to be. I felt like that before I took leave, but I assumed that it was the stress of chemo and the uncertainty around COVID. Now I'm realizing that those were contributing factors, not causative.
Bad news Hamas. Are you at least back on your feet health wise?

Don’t make any rash decisions on the job front just yet. Some of the feelings might settle down. Much like 3rd grade (assuming 3rd grade settled down).
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.