View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #252
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post

I HATE the fact that Johnny Cash covered that song!!! HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!!! In a way, him covering that song has ruined that awesome NIN song for me... and it all has to do with how people responded to his version compared to Trent's and people thinking NIN covered it!!! Even when I hear Trent's version now, I catch myself thinking about how much the cover pisses me off. And I wouldn't mind the cover if I didn't feel NIN's version was disrespected as a result of it/mixed up as being the cover itself.... I mean, hell....it was a HUGE pat on the back for Trent, from Johnny that he wanted to cover that song...who would have guessed Johnny Cash was merely familiar with NIN tunes?!?!?!
If it wasn't for Cash stealing the song, NiN may have actually been something, right?

Reznor himself gushed over the cover, and even said the song wasn't his anymore after Cash's version. Cash's version is the quintessential version of the song, like it or not.
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.