View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 11:59 AM   #4513
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Be me.

Open an iron condor trade yesterday.

Underlying stock closes within all four strike prices of the iron condor, out of the money on the expiration date. Don't close the position thinking, logically, that since all four strikes are out of the money, nobody will exercise my short put and call positions.

Wake up this morning: someone had exercised the short call after the market closed yesterday.

For about an hour, I assumed I had just lost 50% of my net worth to pay back the hundreds of shares of the underlying I found myself holding short in an appreciating market.
That's not exciting. I presume you got out?

You're tougher than me. I was naked on a hedge last year and got crunched on some margin.

Grand scheme of the whole thing, it was fine. I still had gods plenty of the physical and the margin money wasn't significant. But sure had me freaking out at the time. ****ing weather market.

I couldn't imagine having that exposure.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.