Old 11-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #26
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Scandrick has been fine but he’s old.
And very much degrading physically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think you have to swallow hard and let him walk.

The "we have plenty of cap space!!!" crowd needs to bust out a calculator and have a sobering conversation regarding FA contracts and who we really want to keep.

Nelson's a nice player but has no standout skills. Meanwhile Ford and Jones absolutely do and those fellas won't be cheap. Fuller has found his form and while Nelson's been better over the course of the season, Fuller's ascension has mapped the defense's overall improvement; he's been better than Nelson over the last 5-6 games, IMO.

Obviously Hill is a consideration as well.

We just can't keep them all and I wouldn't keep Nelson over a single one of those guys. Don't cry for Steven - he gwon get paid. I just don't think the Chiefs are in a position to be the team that pays him. Hell, even if they move on from Houston and Berry I don't think there's a way to sensibly fit him into the teams long-term cap structure at a market figure. If nothing else, they need to remember to bank rollover when able.

There are going to be some very very hard decisions to make and when you see a lunchpail player having his best season in a contract year with no standout skills to speak of and no real upside built into the deal...man, you just gotta cut bait there.
You’re right. Mac459 texted me the top 30 or so OLB guys. Christ. I think you’re going to let ford walk too. I’m not opposed to tagging him, but there is a very low probability he’d be a chief if I’m making the call.

I’m very much a production per unit salary cap guy. Guys that hit that top tier of contracts are just outrageous. It looks to me like Nelson is going to get fat paid and I’m convinced it needs to be by the NOT chiefs. I think you offer them a reasonable contract but don’t overpay.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.