Thread: Life One Week to Retirement
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 10:26 PM   #145
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Congrats my man. That is the goal.

I don't have any great advice, other than take care of yourself. That's a holistic statement. Mentally, physically, emotionally, financially.

Interestingly, my paternal grandpa was in and died in 08 (pre-Obamacare) and the cost was like 2500 a month. My maternal grandpa is in now and it's 10K a month. NO financial professional expected that back in 08. So make sure you are prepared for some unexpected shit. If you're 65 (ish) now there is a pretty good probability either you or your wife has 30 years yet, so it is important to have quite a bit more than you need right now.
Without going into greater detail I am comfortable in saying that I do not have 30 years left...if I live to 80 I will consider it a great victory.

But I have planned for my wife for beyond my passing.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.