Thread: Life One Week to Retirement
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 10:19 PM   #144
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
The only downside to Medicare is that if you tend to get booted from the hospital quicker than if you have company paid insurance.

But yes....like you I was surprised about how good it is.

But I will say that once a person decides to retire and switch to Medicare, start the process 6 months ahead.

Trust me...you will be glad you did.
I just learned that the lookback period for Medicare income-based surcharges goes back two years, so you should start planning two years ahead of time. I had no idea of that.

I did a notable Roth conversion this year, and it's going to end up costing me a Medicare surcharge, which really stinks. I ran the numbers and I'm still ahead of the game to do the conversion, but the surcharge bites into my advantage.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.