View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 09:46 PM   #172
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
#51 through 55. Some interesting ones here. See the picture for the details and scores, as usual.

Summary (starting from the bottom)

Ketchikan, AK – I'm kind of in love with Ketchikan. It’s the most southern point in southeast Alaska, so it’s closer to Seattle than Anchorage. First, look at the view from the sample house. It’s incredible. Second, the sample house has an apartment with it, which I haven’t accounted for in the finances. Third, Ketchikan is a major cruise ship stop, so it’s got outsized retail and restaurants for a small town. Fourth, Alaska has a ludicrously good tax structure, so this is the most affordable place in my entire tournament. I could almost move there now and retire. Fifth, the ferry stops in Ketchikan, so we can comfortably travel to Vancouver or Juneau for a night on the town. This is actually a really intriguing place. It does get snow, but it’s 13 degrees warmer in winter than Denver and gets less than half the snow. The only downside is that it gets a ton of rain and clouds and the summers aren’t warm.
Hmm, interesting that it would score higher than Vancouver, but I'm sure it's more affordable (and as you mentioned with taxes). And for it to be that much warmer than Denver. Granted, the 100 sunny days...

I've been on one cruise and actually felt bad for a couple of the small towns.... I could imagine how quaint and quiet they were, and now every once in a while 3000 people flood the streets. It does boost the economy though.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.