View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 09:54 AM   #33
Veteran

The biggest problem with most kids shows from that era is that they basically had to be suitable for 3 year olds. I remember watching an interview with one of the writers of Super Friends talking about how hamstrung they were by the BSP. No violence. Even hints of danger were sometimes too much for the censors.

Shit, it wasn't just kids shows either. Compare tv shows from the 50s to the 70s. You went from Gunsmoke to the Waltons and from Mike Hammer to Macmillan and Wife.

P.S. I seem to remember the bad guy from Dungeons and Dragons having a scary voice. Galtar featured Brock Peters as the voice of the main villain. Kind of shoots a hole in my theory, but on the other hand neither of those shows were as successful as He Man either.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.