View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 03:14 PM   #23
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
I think a relevant comparison is the tag/trade deal we made with Seattle for Frank Clark. He cost us about 240 points in draft capital, using the Rich Hill chart.

If Jones and Clark get a similar valuation, then I think you can somewhat narrow down likely trading partners.

Based on need, division, draft capital, and salary cap, these teams make sense to me:

Seattle: pick 27 + 2021 third
Detroit: pick 32 + 67
Miami: pick 26 + 2021 third or fourth
Indy: pick 34 + 75

Of course, there are so many possible scenarios it's almost pointless to speculate but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these. Seattle makes the most sense to me, because they're the closest to contending.
Detroit doesn't have 32. They have 35. And I don't think that I would let Jones go for anything that doesn't include a first this year. Even a high second. I would take their first for him. But I doubt that they would give up that high of a pick.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.