View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 07:42 AM   #27691
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
It was 3rd and 12, and he was throwing for a 1st down. The "bad pass" interpretation was that he missed the throwing lane that Hill was moving towards. The pass is a couple three yards to the left, and it is complete for a 1st down. Throw the ball away, and we are punting... which is sort of a turnover. Check it down, which you have alluded to in other posts, and we are probably punting too.

The strip sack on the play before placed us behind the numbers on 3rd down. That was the play that really "forced" anything.

I don't have a problem with Mahomes going for it on 3rd and long. It's paid off for us many times over his short career. i hope he never loses that edge.
There have been a couple of articles with full breakdowns about Mahomes performance in the SB and they all came to the conclusion is that Mahomes really didn't play badly, even with the 3rd quarter factored in. I'll have to see if I can find one of them.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.