View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 01:00 AM   #1502
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
I tell you what, I love my Masterbuilt electric with the cold smoker attachment. Did the best brisket ever over the weekend. No muss, no fuss.
I have heard good things about it and other smoke generators. I am a charcoal stick and chunk cooker kind of guy and feel that pellets leave me wanting more.

One of my locals went to a commercial pellet and I could taste it one the first bite. He purchased a smoke generator and I had to ask if it was a pellet or stick cook. I was impressed with flavor.

I don't like many of the pellet/ disc feeders as when they break the company seams to hit you hard in the wallet. New units now (Rec Tec 4 years) and a few others warranties are worth having but early models were horror stories. being able to do upgrades gets expensive too.

I like the looks of the Gorilla unit (for the same money) Silverback (not r2d2) looks good up front, but most of their parts, accessories are 20% higher than RecTec with the same warranty. I'm not assembling one, then finding out I don't like, tacking apart, repacking, and then spending a $!0 to ship it back . When I see one in use and if it passes the pellet taste test..I'd buck up.

The problem is if you install a smoke generator, you void the warranty. If they would just put a knock out in for mounting one.....
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.