View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #2468
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
That’s what I figured. I see where you’re going with it but just don’t love betting all of that on Eflin continuing to be this good AND doing so while moving to the American League and not getting 2 free outs a game.
On the other hand, he leaves one of the nastiest pitching parks in the game for the friendly confines of Kaufman.

If he's legit, the switch in parks can make up a lot of what the switch in leagues costs him.

The 'if' is the catch, but it's also the only reason why you could get him. I mean the kid's pitched as well as anyone in baseball for a month now. If you'd have tried to snag Severino prior to the 2017 season you could have done so but if you waited until the end of 2017 he'd become one of the least attainable assets in baseball. Snell's looking like a similar creature. Maybe you could've snagged him in April when he was pitching well but nobody knew if he'd continue to do so. 10 weeks later you'd have to offer the moon for him. He who hesitates, masturbates and what not...

You don't get young aces unless you're willing to gamble before they've fully established themselves.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.