View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #197
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Here's why you don't make the change to Mahomes... Alex has an easy schedule ahead of him as noted, we need him to appear as if he's a quality starting QB in the league. Why on earth would we want to sit him if we're offering him up as trade bate this offseason? If you want to try and squeeze a 2nd out of one of the 5 or so teams desperate for a QB this offseason than you gotta let him play the season through.

Let's be clear, I'm not suggesting the above because it would be good for the team this season or because I'm a crazy Alex fanatic. I've thrown in the towel already regarding any big win out of this team in the postseason this year. I'm thinking about who we might be able to snag in the draft for Mahomes if we had an extra 2nd this offseason. Yes, the other team's in the league have watched Alex for years and know what he is. Consider that though for a second, plenty of teams want a consistent QB. Someone to hold the fort down until you find a QOTF, IE our Chiefs when shopping for a QB several years back.

Teams that are looking for a QB this offseason:

Browns
Bills
Broncos
Jaguars
Jets

Teams that are potentially looking fora QB this offseason:

Dolphins
Giants
Redskins
Cardinals
Saints
Vikings
Chargers
Bengals

Only going to be 2-3 quality QBs in the draft, Cousins will be available but who else? That makes A Smith about the 4th best option available now that Garoppolo is out of the picture. Too many teams looking not to get at least a 3rd for him in my opinion.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.