View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 11:20 PM   #40125
Starter

One perspective on whether Mahomes has the same drive to win as Brady concerns how much money each left on the table to help build up their surrounding the cast. Mahomes has been pretty good to the Chiefs about this, and we are better shape than most of the other teams, with top quarterbacks that have been paid, and Mahomes readily restructured his contract. But Brady seem to realize that his contract was almost immaterial, and what was far more important was his reputation as the GOAT. So, I think he was willing to leave a lot more on the table to help build the team. The financial status of his former wife is a supermodel might also have played a role here.

But mahones has so much opportunities to make money outside of what he is paid and has utilized this that I think it’s too bad he takes up as much cap space as he does. I mean no question he is absolutely worth it. But I think if he took up a bit less, it would be better for the team and ultimately for him in terms of earning potential. Not really a criticism. Just a thought.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote