View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 05:05 PM   #482
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Not sure whether that workout is effective or not but it doesn't remotely fit the description you gave earlier. Sounds like you are doing a 1 body part per workout to failure program. Not a one set to failure program.

IMP what you described above would look more like this and do it several times a week -

1 set of DB bench press to failure
1 Set of DB curls to failure
1 Set of DB rows to failure
1 Set of squats to failure
1 set of military presses to failure
1 set of tricep extensions to failure

etc....

Like pen said, as long as you enjoy it and will keep doing it, it will be effective in that manner.

So originally, I thought that HIIT was pretty much as you described it above. But after a couple weeks of doing some research, I lit upon Mike Mentzer's version of HIIT, and began doing it his way (mostly), which looks something like this:
https://www.muscleandfitness.com/fle...nsity-workout/

And this is basically the template I've been using for about 3 months now. Seems to have worked for my back/chest/arms, with noticeable improvement/gains in those areas.

Overall, I'd say I was happy with the results that I got over the past 3.5-4 months. Going back to a more conventional workout plan next week, but I'm planning on going back to Mentzer's HIIT program in the fall.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote