View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 03:10 PM   #23
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
We've spent as much time training the kids as we have the dog. And the rott loves those kids but he does have an edge to him that labradors don't have.

We've spent thousands on formal training for him and he's a damn well trained dog, but he has a willful streak that most dogs just don't have.

I really have to get on my wife at times to not let the damn dog buffalo her because sometimes he'll give it a thought. He doesn't really lock horns with me anymore but he did until he was about 2 and a half.

Oddly, my guess is that the Pit in question here started in a semi-protective manner. I don't know if he thought he was protecting one kid from the other, or the mother from the kids, but for most dogs like that it isn't a menacing or aggressive instinct that kicks off an incident like this. It starts as a protective thing and then if someone doesn't have the personality to step in and seize the initiative, they just kinda black out and lash out at everything. No question in my mind that one of them was something of a ringleader.

This is also why I won't have 2 working dogs. I don't need one 'feeding' the other one. 1 working dog, one sporting dog. They're just going to be wired so differently that in the event a fuse gets tripped somehow, I only have one dog to deal with and in all probability, I have the 2nd one trying to help me out as best he can.

But shit man, 8 years of no incidents only to have something like that happen - that just ****ing sucks. Something had to happen or there had to have been signs in the past. That just doesn't make a lot of sense.
I've owned several Rotts in the past . Used to have a Champion line from "Radio Ranch" and sold pups to soldiers at Fort Bragg.

Mine were well trained and loveable.

Pittbulls ae in a different class as Rotts as far as agressiveness towards people.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote