View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 07:23 AM   #4
I am Number Six

I don't even know how I-97 qualifies as an INTERstate since it's completely within one state. Maybe an INTRAstate Hightway . . . (and it's boring. Nothing but subdivisions on either side all the way.)

I-66 isn't much more interesting Sure, there's Manassass, Fairfax, and DC, but don't let the length fool you. Depending on traffic, you might need the entire week just to get the hell out of the DC Metroplex . . .

I'd have to go with the I-35 drive just because it's a real interstate trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Well, I've done I-86 and I don't think I'd spend a week there. I-97 is interesting because of Annapolis, but not much else. So it comes down to a short road trip through Virginia or a really long one across the middle of the country.

I've always wanted to visit Laredo and Duluth on the two ends of I-35. I've got friends in Austin and I could stop for a game in Kansas City. So it's intriguing, but man, that's a long drive.

Now, I-66 in Virginia is a very different trip. I bet there's interesting historic stuff along the route, and Manassas would be interesting. And of course we've go DC on one end, which is a great city to visit.

I think I'd do the slow and easy road trip along I-66, though I'd hate to miss I-35.
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.