Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #321
Supporter

I had intended to pull honey supers and process today but family obligations prevented that. This week or next Saturday will tell the tale.

Different story today.
I decided to mow before the Chiefs game. I was mowing around a little used kids sand pile. As I turned the mower I felt some burn on my belly and head. It f ing happened again. 150 yards from my bee hives, I bumped a railroad tie full of bumble bees. I smacked a couple off of me but ended up ejecting from the mower. I was half way across the yard karate fighting the team of bumble bees that would not kicking my ass. That's when the wife and a kid come out onto the deck laughing at me before realizing what was happening.

They were in my hair hammering my scalp. They were on my shirt putting pin holes in my belly.....and the sonnabitch that stung me up inside my left ear hole. I hate that bastard. They basically stung me until I slapped them to the ground with my hands. I've got at least 10-15 lumps on my scalp, a few on my belly and one in my damn ear hole. The ear I see still a terrible place to get stung.

In a fit of rage I put on my bee suit, a can of hornet spray, grabbed a torch and a can of gas. I sprayed them out of the air, I tossed a burning rag near the area they were coming,out of the ground and then tossed a few cups of gas on them. I split the tie apart saw the nest, raked out the eggs and dumped more gas on it.

What are the odds of getting my ass kicked two years in a row by hives of asshole bees ing own yard......I do t care if they are pollinators. Bumble bees can all go to hell.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.