View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #1093
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Kenny was taken out of context by the MLBTR summary.

Damn websites with their editors who don't know what the **** they're doing messing things up.

Side note: I saw a Cards fan on PowerMizzou suggest Victor Robles would be the return for Rosenthal and Tommy Pham. I laffed. And thought of Oriole's fans trade proposals/you.
Yeah, I don't see the Nats giving up Robles for really anyone. He's capitalizing on that talent this year and his stock has exploded (and they'll need him when Harper walks). Britton's just been too erratic this year and might be hurt.

Truth be told, Brad Hand might be as good as any of those guys and I've criticized Rizzo on the past from being completely incapable of identifying undervalued bullpen talent (the Papelbon move was the single dumbest in-season decision I've seen a GM make in a decade). If Rizzo where the GM people give him credit for instead of the dude that just got lucky with Harper and Strasburg, he'd have had Hand before the guy started looking like he may just be as good as any reliever out there.

Now SDs given him the 9th and he's held it down. The Padres are right to ask for what Chapman netted - he's not quite as good, but he's also not a pending FA. That price for the Nats is Robles and they ain't gonna do it.

I actually think Madson has looked damn good for them and don't understand why they keep trying to hammer Doolittle into the gig.

There's a deal for the Cardinals to make with the Yankees around Jorge Mateo. I'm not sure how to expand it to make the parts fit, but I'm positive there's something that can be done there. They need an immediate starter as well as a controlled starter due to their entire staff sans Severino being a FA next year. The Cardinals need to turn an arm or two into a similarly talented/capable bat. So Lynn and one of our minor league arms (Weaver's the most logical but I'm not sure the Cards can move him this year with Reyes still rehabbing) for Mateo and another part.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.