View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 01:25 PM   #1090
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Did you read the series of tweets from Rosenthal?

He was talking about the QO, then he mentioned the diminished value of the picks and risks of the QO. As part of that conversation, he brought in Lynn (who he had previously discussed). At no point did he suggest he'd been told that the Cardinals won't QO Lynn. It read to me like speculation on his part in light of the changes in the CBA rather than 'reporting' of information provided by the organization.

Goold and Strauss have both said that it's nearly a given that the Cards give Lynn the QO if they don't trade him.

Of course it is - if they don't trade him, he's not taking a 1 yr deal at $18 million when he's a virtual shoe-in for $16 million/season on a 4 or even 5 year deal. And if they don't offer him the QO out of fear he'll take it in the first year that they double their television rights deal, **** them in the face.

They'll offer him - I'm not worried about that possibility at all. I respect Rosenthal more than any national guy in the game but even if he HAD mentioned organizational sources, I'd say that Goold and Strauss still have better ones as the beat writers.

Damn, I just read the summary from MLB trade rumors. That makes a LOT more sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.