Thread: Life Intermittent Fasting
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 07:29 AM   #266
Starter

Eighteen months ago I hit 308 pounds (I am 5'10"). I hadn't checked the scales in months, and had lived in the 270s for the previous decade. When I saw that number I freaked out and started intermittent fasting the next day.

I eat every day between noon and 8:00 p.m. My intention is 2000 calories or less each day, though I sometimes go over. While the intermittent fasting may be helping, I think a bigger factor is just not eating after 8:00. I was a constant late-night snacker and beer drinker.

Yesterday I weighed 218. I didn't lose the weight quickly, but it's been steady. I'm still losing and don't know where it will eventually bottom out. But the fasting calendar has definitely worked for me. I don't think about carbs or sugars or excercise much. I just stick to 2000 calories or less. I try not to think of it as a diet and just the way my life is now that I'm in my fifties. While I admit that vanity plays a small part, my much larger goal is to be alive when my kids start having my grandkids in the next ten years or so.

I was a morbidly obese smoker five years ago. I'm now an obese vaper. But I'm moving in the right direction! If I can do it, anyone can.
Wallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 12 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote