Thread: Mock (11/13)
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
To address your points:

I don't think ILB is as much of a need as others on this site do. I do think it's our weakest spot on defenses and may ultimately be our demise in this year's playoffs, but I think the ILBs we have this year will all be better next year.

* Hitchens will ostensibly be healthier and more physically fit
* O'Daniel will likely gain 10-15 pounds
* Ragland, blah, I still don't think is useful and in most mocks I've been cutting him and signing a thumper from somewhere else
* Smith is an acceptable stopgap, Ben Niemann will likely get better

The two players you need to improve are Hitchens and O'Daniel, and I believe they're going to be more physically ready with a year's worth of experience.

I also believe -- even though I cut Berry in this mock -- that Berry will be on this team in 2019 and that will help the ILBs as well, as he takes a ton of pressure off against tight ends, freeing the ILBs up to focus on RBs and the run game.

I think all your musings on the center position are reasonable.

Ultimately, I just don't think we have the resources to plug every hole, so I spend my priority resources on Ford and Hill. And I try to free up resources by ridding the team of two players that -- you're right -- the Chiefs will probably bring back for 2019 in Berry and LDT. I just think LDT can be replaced effectively because (a.) we already have, and (b.) Andy Heck is a goddamn monster of a coach. Guy has hit homeruns with every shred of talent we've given him.

With the top draft resources getting sucked up by the DL (which, if we let Bailey walk, will badly need an infusion of talent) and the secondary, I think that means you just bank on ILB improvement from the guys we already have.
I'd always overpay for tackles, but inside i'd just draft and develop.

I also think the ILB's would get a lot better if the guys in front of them could do a better job keeping them clean. I'd invest a lot more in the DL.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.