1-2 mangoes, medium diced

1 or 1 1/2 large red or sweet yellow (Vidalia) onion, diced

2 red sweet bell peppers diced

2-3 cloves garlic, chopped

1-3 jalapenos, deseeded, deveined, chopped

1-2 chipotle peppers (Goya) chopped

1/3 cup cilantro chopped (packed)

1-2 limes juiced

1/4 tsp granulated honey (regular honey/granulated sugar can be substituted)

1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional)

1/4 tsp each salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder

1/4 tsp Worcestershire powder (bottled Worcestershire sauce can be substituted)

Place all ingredients EXCEPT salt, honey, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar in blender/food processor and blend for about 15 seconds. Add half excepted ingredients and pulse for 5 seconds then taste. Add remaining salt, honey, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar to taste. Pulse to desired consistency.

Notes:

Depending on the size of your processor/blender you may have to blend in batches.

The apple cider vinegar I think adds a bit of sweetness and a bit of acidity that marries well with the heat of the jalapenos. But it's not critical. Made this many times without it and it tastes really good anyway.

The Garlic powder is also optional. Do not use garlic SALT.

Jalapenos are funny. I always start with just two japs and 1 chipotle and add whatever i need to get to the desired level of heat after the first blending. Also, the salsa will be a little bit hotter and a bit sweeter after 24 hours.

I usually make about half of this as pico de gallo and the other half as a smooth salsa, because I like to mix them 1:1 sometimes. Also the smooth salsa can be used as a marinade base.

Lemon juice can be substituted for lime juice.

If you make the chunky version I like to add grilled corn kernels (1-2 ears) for added sweetness and texture. Never tried to blend them into the smooth version, but it might be good.

In total this makes about 8 cups or more.

Last edited by Megatron96; 08-15-2020 at 01:53 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.