View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #3718
Don't Tease Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Ventura is no more of a rookie than Kelvin Herrera. Herrera only has a slight amount more innings than Ventura even though he's been around for 4 years. Not all rookies are created equal. I don't buy the rookie thing at all, unless it's like their 3rd or 4th game played or something. After that, you are a professional. You've played baseball your entire life, nothing has changed.

Like I said, I would have preferred Duffy, but I can certainly see why Yost went with Ventura. Absolutely. Ventura actually does induce alot of ground balls AND has the most strikeouts of any starter on the team. He also just came off of the longest innings pitched without a HR streak in the majors. He's let up the LEAST amt of home runs of ANY starting pitcher on the Royals. Based on his career splits, he actually pitches well to left handed batters, better than Shields. Just as good if not better than Herrera. And, combine the fact that he should be MORE EFFICIENT as a reliever than as a starter, ESPECIALLY with his gas and stuff, it's not a bad decision. Look at Hochevar and Davis. All mediocre starters, but very good in the bullpen. A starter will be even MORE efficient as a reliever. I don't buy the argument, he's not a reliever, so you don't use him bullshit. Hoch and Davis were immediately great in the pen when they were demoted.
Yea and how did that work out for you and Yost?

stupid mofo almost flush the season away

maybe Yost will try a mythical triple steal against the Angels and you can cheer his 6-ways of stupid ass then too.
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.