View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 11:44 AM   #205
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Gotta be fair here - it mattered a TON in the first half when that offense was wetting the bed and his 7 carries for 14 yards was a part of that.

That said - we were getting blown off the line in that half and I'm not sure Hunt or Walter Payton would've made much of a difference.

This just isn't ever going to be a power football team and it shouldn't be. We don't have a need for a guy who's going to line up in the I Formation, put his head behind his FB and drive a pile forward. What is most effective for this offense is balance and a willingness to finish runs.

That's why Hunt was so good for us. It wasn't because he could take a play with 9 guys in the box, put his head down and just run through dudes. It was because he had the balance to slip through small seams, get his feet churning, keep the play going and then finish the run for another couple of yards when he got into the defensive backfield. Well Williams does a lot of that well also. He doesn't have Hunt's balance but Hunt's balance was a lot like Charles - just freakishly good. His is good though.
Yeah, the first half was bad but the offensive line was completely overmatched. Hunt wasn't winning in those situations either. The line was awful.

I'm not saying Hunt wasn't good. I'm saying Damien Williams is good enough. People act like losing Hunt was catastrophic and it simply wasn't. Not shoring up the secondary at the trade deadline was the catastrophic mistake they made and ultimately what cost them. What happened with Hunt ended up being irrelevant.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.