View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 12:43 PM   #142
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I feel like for most people, the idea that lifting will always burn more calories than cardio only extends to how often you should be lifting... I've stuck to 3 days/week for a few years and I know as you get more advanced you'll potentially lift 4 or 5 (or 6?) days a week.

At some point you can't just say, lift in the morning, then replace that afternoon jog with more lifting... and instead of cardio on your off day, just lift more.

I think that's the point being made, outside of age or whatever.
Lifting alone will never burn more calories than lifting + cardio, its just simple math.

I wouldn't argue that if you are starting out from scratch and could only do one thing, lifting is the most beneficial. Once you get into reasonable type of shape adding cardio then becomes a force multiplier.

The most accurate answer IMO is find something you like to do whether its cardio, lifting, cross fit, whatever, and you will more likely stick to it. Not everyone is the same and if you hate the exercise you wont stick with it, no matter what it is. So I always say the most effective work out is the one you will enjoy enough to keep doing it.

Just 15 minutes of exercise a day can have a huge effect on health and life expectancy.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.