Thread: Food and Drink Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #208
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I finally got a shaker after seeing some things I wanted to make. I don't drink a ton, usually only a few on the weekend, but I'll buy booze when it's on sale if I think I'll drink it someday. So I have tons of options come weekend time to try something if it tickles my fancy. I like having a variety of booze around.

I can't wait to make this drink come summer and pool time. My wife who is super picky thought it tasted great! I've got an orange and lime tree that I hope produce this year and I'll come up with some other options!

I didn't make the Paloma exactly like it's suggested but it was pretty close. It really tasted good and the tequila and bit of syrup calmed the tartness of the grapefruit.

I'm not sure what the Hemingway Daiquiri is?

Do you eat the grapefruit plain? With sugar on it? I just find it too tart.
Red grapefruit I do—not white. I don't eat the white generally. The local red ones here are sweet and succulent. Generally it is a bitter fruit.

Here's the Hemingway Daiquiri. Hemingway preferred it without sugar but other folks prefer to sweeten it. I've seen it pink, pale pink and white.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...daiquiri_1-1-0

Sweeter using simple syrup:

http://www.hogsalt.com/wp-hogsalt/20...gway-daiquiri/
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.