View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #37
Special Teams ACE!!!

Forcing a team to punt is worth a point, but a safety is still only worth 2?

A safety is like the defense scoring a TD without possession of the ball. Just as the offense scores a TD because they're basically out of yards on the field they can possibly gain, a defense has pretty much scored because they've forced the offense back so far they're no longer in the field of play... the offense is out of yards they can be pushed back.

To me, I always thought a safety should be worth more. Maybe keep the "bullshit" safeties at 2 points like fumbling into the end zone out of bounds or offensive holding that occurs in the end zone. Everything else, however, should be worth more. Perhaps double it to 4, or you could even treat a safety like a defensive TD, which is what I argued for earlier.

I think that rule should be changed before we **** around with subtracting points for punts.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.