Thread: 2nd rd options
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 11:21 AM   #38
Andy Reid Supporter

Former scout weighing in:

Quote:
A player that I have rated too low in the PFW Draft Guide because I just didn’t see enough of his tape is Virginia Tech’s Tim Settle. Settle is just a third-year sophomore and has two years of eligibility left. He is huge, very strong and quite athletic. I gave him a third-round grade in the Guide, but he could go in the bottom of the first or the top part of the second. He’s still very young and has great upside. Look for his ranking to be upgraded in my final rankings on our site.
Here are his thoughts on safety:

Quote:
The S position includes the player whom I have rated as the second-best prospect in this draft, Alabama's Minkah Fitzpatrick. In my opinion, he is a better player and prospect than Jalen Ramsey was two years ago when he came out of Florida State. Like Ramsey, Fitzpatrick can play safety or corner, and be a dominant player at either position.

Florida State's Derwin James is my second-highest-ranked safety. I spent some time recently with James at the All-Star Football Challenge, and he is a very interesting and competitive person. The one thing that stuck out to me is that he said he was close to 220 pounds when the season started and was at about 205 when it ended. He wanted the extra bulk for when Florida State played Alabama because the Alabama run game is so strong. James is very athletic and has good man-cover skills. I expect that he will have a very good Combine.

After James, the best safeties are Armani Watts form Texas A&M, Marcus Allen from Penn State and DeShon Elliott from Texas. The S class isn't deep, and after the second and perhaps third round, the value drops off.
http://amp.profootballweekly.com/201...mpression=true

Tim Settle looks like he will be a pipe dream, but Safety looks like a really good value in rd 2.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.