Thread: Movies and TV New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 01:54 PM   #76
Abandoned Former Rams Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I don't know anything about the upcoming story just yet. They hired several different writers for the Film version, all of which were discarded in favor of a Disney+ TV series, then dumped all of those scripts once The Mandalorian began airing because the overall theme of the series was too similar (instead of The Mando protecting Grogu, it was Obi Wan protecting Luke).

I don't think they should concern themselves with what was said in A New Hope. There was an implication that Vader and Obi Wan hadn't seen each other in quite some time but whether that was 20 years or 10 years (which is when the series is reportedly set) or even 5 years, they should just go with whatever makes the story work.

One line of dialog that they'll never get past is that Obi Wan states "For over a thousand generations, the Jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old Republic... before the dark times... before the Empire", which was contradicted by Palpatine when he said "I will not allow this Republic, which has stood for 1,000 years...".

I just want a great story and hope we see at least one lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Vader, regardless of that dialog. They could pull the old "From a certain point of view" to make up for the time that had passed between their last encounter and their most recent encounter.
Honestly the only bit of dialogue that would be upset by them facing in that time period would be at the beginning of the lightsaber battle, Vader references the fact that the last time they fought he was a learner & now he (Vader) is the master.

However given that in the prequels they made Anakin a member of the council & he had taken an apprentice in the clone wars series. So it's hard to argue that Anakin was still just a learner when he fought Obi Wan as he was already considered a Jedi master, had already taken an apprentice & was on the council.
ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.